Wednesday 9 July 2014

Space Retail: A Forgotten Treasure

An old game I found in my creepy cellar.

Click to bigger:


Upon finding this rare gem of a game I was convinced to dust off my old Mompusoft FRT computer,  plug in the now flaccid accelarator cables and stare gormlessly at a game that had not only aged incredibly poorly but convinced me to never play a game, video or otherwise again.

The back of the box claims the game features over one hundred hours of balls to the wall retail action. Having not got passed the main menu screen I cannot confirm whether that claim is true or not. However the screen-shot on the cover art tells me that staring at a single shop floor for an ungodly amount of hours would become quite a soul crushing experience. Just like real retail I suppose, so they got that right.

I heard rumours that the Zempucom corporation and the Mompusoft conglomerate turned out to be a front for a satanic cult run by Zach Braff. And upon being exposed by the Police used their advanced technolgy and ties with the devil to purge all data on both of these companies from the internet, so dont bother looking.

final score:
6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment